Agreement on participation as a speaker at the conference "Software-QS-Tag"
By submitting your CONTRIBUTION, you agree to irrevocably agree to the following agreement between you (hereinafter referred to as „SPEAKER“) and imbus AG (hereinafter referred to as the „ORGANIZER“):
You submit your CONTRIBUTION to the presentation and publication at the following conference:
Place: Steigenberger Airpoert Hotel, Unterscheinstiege 16, 60549 Frankfurt/Main Airport, Germany
Date: 24th October, 2019 (1st Conference day) and 25th October, 2019 (2nd Conference day)
The conference is organized by imbus AG, 91096 Moehrendorf, Germany (www.imbus.de).
The submission of the CONTRIBUTION must be made via the submission form on the website www.qs-tag.de/en. The ORGANIZER is not obliged to take submissions by other means.
The PROGRAM COMMITEE will select the CONTRIBUTIONS received up to the submission deadline (see schedule in the Call for Papers) those CONTRIBUTIONS accepted by the ORGANIZER for presentation and publication at the conference.
Criteria for this assessment are the content criteria published in the Call for Papers as well as the „Speaker Guidelines".
The SPEAKER is obliged to indicate whether/where the CONTRIBUTION has already been presented or submitted elsewhere. Changes/extensions/updates to such/parallel publications shall be clearly indicated in the submission.
There is no claim to acceptance of the CONTRIBUTION. The CONTRIBUTION can be rejected at any time and without any reasons by the PROGRAM COMMITEE or the ORGANIZER. This also applies after a possible acceptance of the CONTRIBUTION.
The title, length, content and presentation format can be adapted in the course of the review process in consultation between the PROGRAM COMMITEE and the SPEAKER. The SPEAKER will be available to answer questions by telephone or e-mail, participate appropriately and implement changes in a timely manner.
Upon completion of the selection process, the ORGANIZER notifies the SPEAKER of acceptance or rejection of the CONTRIBUTION.
- In case of rejection: No fees will be reimbursed for the submission or preparation of the CONTRIBUTION and no compensation will be granted. The documents submitted remain the internal documentation of the ORGANIZER. A publication by the ORGANIZER does not take place.
- In case of acceptance: The ORGANIZER will finalize the submitted documents with regard to form and content and, if necessary, carry out a further correction. A telephonic fine-tuning of the lectures, changes, additions with the program commitee - as far as necessary - takes place up to the first of July 2019. The SPEAKER will hereafter incorporate necessary corrections and submit the corrected documents in full to the agreed issuing date by e-mail to email@example.com until 2nd September 2019.
- Acceptance as a substitute lecture: In order to be able to offer high-quality substitute CONTRIBUTIONS in the event of the failure of a SPEAKER on the day of the event, the ORGANIZER will, at his own discretion, accept CONTRIBUTIONS as a substitute lecture. The affected SPEAKERS will be informed about the acceptance as a substitute SPEAKER and may agree to it or reject it. If agreed, the ORGANIZER decides whether the lecture has to be held, at the latest, on the respective day of the event. In this case as well, the SPEAKER agrees to prepare its CONTRIBUTION and presentation in accordance with all the rules of this agreement in time, to be present at the event and to present the lecture at the ORGANIZERS request.
Once the amounts have been accepted, the ORGANIZER will schedule the lectures in the course of the event. The event program will be published on the conference website www.qs-tag.de/en. Changes to the event program by the ORGANIZER are also possible after publication at any time.
The ORGANIZER reserves the right to cancel the event if the market is not sufficient.
Unless otherwise agreed in writing, the SPEAKER will personally present its CONTRIBUTION to the lecture schedule specified in the program. In the event of a hindrance, the SPEAKER will send a qualified representative and bear any costs incurred.
The SPEAKER will plan the arrival timely so that he/she arrives at the venue in time befor the start of the first conference day. For arrivals from a larger distance (especially intercontinental flight) the arrival is to be planned the day before.
The SPEAKER ensures that professional content is the focus of the presentation according to the Call for Papers and that the presentation does not bear any primary advertising character.
The SPEAKER will be present at the venue during the entire conference, and will be available to the conference participants appropriately for questions and expert discussions.
Professional exchange with conference participants also takes place via social media. For this purpose, the SPEAKER agrees to be available from calendar week 38 for a period of eight weeks for questions and discussions on his/her presentation as a member of the „Software-QS-Tag“ group on xing.com. By default, a standard membership on xing.com is free of charge. Should this chance within the stipulated timeframe, imbus AG will assume the costs incurred for the membership of the SPEAKERS during this period.
The SPEAKER ensures that all materials (texts, slides, diagrams, illustrations, photos etc.) submitted and/or presented by him are free of third-party copyrights. Otherwise, the SPEAKER assures that he has been authorized to use and publish such documents and content by the respective rights holder. If third party rights of a presentation or exploitation contrary to this agreement, the SPEAKER will notify the ORGANIZER immediately.
In case of acceptance of the CONTRIBUTION, the SPEAKER expressly agrees to the following use and exploitation by the ORGANIZER and admit to the ORGANIZER the right to use and exploitation on an indefinite and permanent basis and irrevocably:
- The submitted CONTRIBUTION (in short or long version as well as the accompanying presentation) and information about the SPEAKER (curriculum vitae, photo) may be passed on a spart of the electronic (USB sticks or for download) and/ or printed subscriber documents.
- Excerpts from these materials may be used for the purposes of conference marketing, for: Information about the program on www.qs-tag.de/en and www.imbus.de/en, posters, PR measures, social media campaigns, mailings etc.
- In addition, these materials may be published by the ORGANIZER on the Internet, in a conference proceeding or in other suitable media.
- The SPEAKER agrees to be filmed or photographed. In particular, he agrees to the fact that his presentation is recorded by the ORGANIZER or on his behalf in word and picture. He will not raise any objection to a publication (live or at a later date) and will not make any claims in this connection to the ORGANIZER or his contractor.
- The SPEAKER entitles the ORGANIZER to make the resulting image and sound material accessible to third parties (also for remuneration) to the public and to promote the conference and/or future conference dates with this image and sound material. The same applies to the portrait picture submitted by the SPEAKER within the framework of the Call for Papers.
These regulations also apply to translations in the German and/or English language, which may be made by the ORGANIZER (in parts or for all parts of the materials).
The SPEAKER expressly agrees that all submitted documents, as well as the personal data and pictures submitted by him:
- will be stored for the purposes of conference organization and within the framework of utilization in the EDP systems of the ORGANIZER
- will be forwardet for the purpose of reviewing the members of the program committee
- will be published for the purpose of conference marketing
The SPEAKER will receive free attendance on both conference days including evening event as well as accommodation in the conference hotel for max. 2 nights. No further remuneration has been agreed upon.
Travel expenses will be reimbursed against proof as follows:
- max. EUR 500,- for arrivals and departures within the EU
- max. EUR 1.500,- for arrivals and departures from other regions
This agreement is valid from the date of receipt of the CONTRIBUTION and includes all versions of the CONTRIBUTION, if any, as well as all related documents (illustrations, photos, content, contribution in short and long version, CV etc.)
The agreement expires at 31th December of the year in which the conference takes place.
The transfer of rights according to „6. Use and exploitation rights” shall be deemed to be independent of time and place indefinitely.
The inoperativeness of individual provisions, either in whole or in part, of this agreement shall not lead to the inoperativeness of the agreement as a whole. The inoperative provision shall be substituted by an operative provision that serves the financial purpose of the inoperative provision as closely as possible.
The law of the Federal Republic of Germany shall apply. The applicability of the UN Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods (CISG) shall be excluded. The legal venue for all disputes from this agreement is the registered place of business of the ORGANIZER imbus AG.
Subsidiary agreements shall be made in writing.
The legal venue for any disputes arising from this contractual arrangement is the city of Erlangen.
The law of the Federal Republic of Germany shall apply.
As at 25 February 2020