Digital Transformation – Evolution, Innovation, Disruption
Today, every single business unit in every company is affected by accelerated digital transformation: from using new digital infrastructures and developing new digital applications to new digital business models and new value-adding networks. The digital transformation invades our private sphere at a very high pace – everything becomes smart.
Core competence in this transformation is software engineering. This is directly linked to the testing and quality assurance of IT based applications and systems. For every digital system should function reliably – at low developing costs and shortest developing time.
The Software-QS-Tag 2017 presents and discusses best practices, strategies, techniques and tools available for testing and quality assurance in order to master the challenges of digital transformation successfully.
Invitation to submit conference papers, tutorials, and workshops
We are looking forward to receiving high-quality field reports, tutorials, workshops and practice-oriented, new research results from the fields of application such as Digital Services, Digital Media, eCommerce, Internet of Things and Embedded Systems, Ubiquitous and Wearable Computing, Robotics and Autonomous Systems, Safety Critical Systems (such as Healthcare, Automotive, Rail) etc.
We are planning with five parallel tracks on two conference days. Your contribution needs to fit into one of these tracks with the following possible contents:
- Requirements & Architecture
Dealing with requirements in the context of digital transformation, such as: identifying, and defining requirements and assessing their relevance; phrasing requirements in the appropriate granularity and notation; ensuring the testability of requirements; requirements to the system architecture (modularity, recoverability, analyzability, testability, testing interfaces etc.).
- Test Automation
Techniques and tools in the context of digital transformation, such as using test-driven development (TDD, BDD, ATDD etc.), techniques and tools for the test automation of functional and non-functional (inter alia performance, security, usability) tests, test automation for distributed services/systems/Internet of Things;
- Test Design
Test subjects, test cases, test data in the context of digital transformation, such as: using static analysis (review, inspection, code analysis); quality in use/monitoring; Dynamic test: Test(design) methods for functional and non-functional tests; combinatorial testing, generate/select/prioritize test data; anonymize test data; measure and increase test coverage; test of autonomous/AI-based systems;
- Test Management
Developing, QS and test process in the context of digital transformation (agile, hybrid, V model etc.): Norms and compliance; metrics and efficiency, experience from retrospectives and improvement processes; prioritizing tests, selection and management of test data, management of test environments and infrastructure;
- Special Topics
People skills, leading teams, cross functional teams, system specific methods/practices
Contributions can be submitted in the following formats:
- Field report (45 min): Your field report illustrates which changes (either evolutionary or disruptive) had to be mastered in your company/your project in the context of digital transformation. You outline where and how QA and tests are affected and explain which new or changed procedures/methods/techniques have been/will be applied. You discuss which results have been/will be achieved and how the usage can be evaluated from a current point of view, which can be achieved in comparison to the previous situation (quality gain, time gain, cost saving, error prevention, standardization of procedures, etc.).
- Tutorial (90 min): Your tutorial introduces a certain methodology (e. g. test-driven development) or deepens a special aspect of the conference topic (e.g. testing of systems in the Internet of Things). The participants learn about the methodology in particular, from the theoretical principles to the application of the technique on the project.
- Workshop (80 min): A specific topic will be deepened during your workshop. Supplementary to the tutorial and under your direction, the workshop format offers to the participants the opportunity of practical exercises.
- Solution workshop (45 min): You would like to present your tools, products and services in the context of software quality assurance and software tests? As exhibitor, you have the possibility to significantly display your solutions within the framework of a solution workshop designed by you to a qualified target group.
- Software/hardware development managers, IT managers, team leaders benefit from diverse examples of how to further improve processes and procedures.
- Test managers/test leaders, software project managers, product owners experience how to control and implement current projects more efficiently.
- Testers, test automation specialists, software developers learn techniques and tools which improve their daily practice.
The selection of the contributions will be done by an independent program committee. The notification of your contribution’s acceptance will be given (according to current plans) by 14th June 2017.
Best Paper Award
The best contribution will be awarded with the Software-QS-Tag Best Paper Award. The evaluation criteria include: content quality, novelty and profundity of the paper handed in as well as the feedback of the conference participants with regard to the quality of the lecture and presentation. At least 5 pages A4 need to be submitted. Submissions with a lower scope are permitted, they will not, however, be considered for the Best Paper Award.
The exhibition area is limited! Save your preferred site with an early registration. Please contact us per email to email@example.com.