In projects, in which multiple units or modules are integrated, each unit or subsystem is tested; but still the integrated product should be verified which indicates the prominence of E2E testing. After integration, bug findings are very possible and after continuos deployments, retesting is needed to ensure the product quality. In order to reduce manual testing effort & trigger tests automatically, test automation is very important.
Testing asynchronous web services is much more difficult when the working principles are taken into consideration. In such cases, robustness of the tests are of great importance. Otherwise; sporadic results may lead to conflicts and misleadings.
To handle the sporadic results, all test codes should be analyzed to check whether any test smell exists. In this paper, possible test smell types and solutions against them are investigated. Preventions and results will be shared.
Mesut Durukal is QA & Test Automation Lead at Siemens.
He has a Bs & MsC degree from Bogaziçi University Electrical & Electronic Engineering.
He has a 7 years experience in Defence Industry, working in MultiLocation projects serving as the Manager of Verification & Validation activities.
He has then been working in Agile Software Testing projects for more then 2 years. He is acting as a Product Owner & E2E Test Automation Leader for the QA team.
His expertise includes:
- Project Management
- Agile Methodologies: Scrum Framework
- Process Improvement, Requirement Analysis
- Shareholder & Risk Management
- Verification & Validation Management
- Planning, Managing, Coordination, Scheduling, Monitoring and Reporting
- Audits and Reviews, Nonconformance Handling, Root Cause Analysis
- Proficiency in the Verification & Validation section of the CMMI program
- Software Testing
- Cloud Testing (SAP, AWS)
- Test automation, SW testing frameworks: TestNG, JUnit, Mockito, Nunit, Selenium, Cucumber, JMeter
- Continuous Integration&Deployment: TFS, GIT(TortoiseGit, Sourcetree), Jenkins, Spring Boot, Gradle(Groovy), Maven
- API testing frameworks: SOAP&Restful Web Services Testing: Swagger, SoapUI, Postman
- Non-Functional Tests: Performance, Electrical, Environmental (Thermal Vacuum, Vibration, Shock, EMI/EMC/ESD), Security, Safety, Reliability
- MIL-STD-810F, RTCA/DO-160, RTCA/DO-254, RTCA/DO-178B
- ECSS-E-10-02A, ECSS-E-10-03A
- Hardware & Embedded Testing
- Avionic Systems and Space & Satellite Communication Systems
- Cryptographic Algorithms
- PLC (Snap7, OPC, TIA Portal)
- Communication platforms on different
- Raspberry Pi 2 Model B
- Raspbian, Ubuntu, Windows IOT, Pi4J
- Web Server & Containers (JSP and Servlets): Jetty